WHO WE ARE
Needham Chalks has been in operation for 70 years.
The first chalk was dug from the Needham Market quarry in 1947 when chalk was dug by hand and moved by 5t lorries.
In the original days the lime trade was primarily for the use in agriculture, particularly in the post war period as their was a drive for food production. Farmers then became more and more aware of soil fertility and management and realised the importance of this valuable resource to maximising their yields.